Monday, April 19, 2010

A clean house is the sign of a wasted life...

Let's be blunt.
I'm clean but I'm not tidy.
I enjoy a little mess here and there. It makes me feel like a human.

Huge amounts of joy amass in my soul when I see a precariously balanced stack of books. 
My heart sings when I see a jacket carelessly thrown over a chair.
I love post it notes that are stuck to all number of surfaces.

There is a certain perfection in chaos that orderliness can not recreate.

HOWEVER (yes, capitals are necessary. I am making a declaration that my parents will want to print off and make me sign as a contract) there is a time and there is a place for this delightful mayhem.

The times and places are NOT...

7.30am, 20 minutes before my bus is due and I am still searching for my bra.

7.35am, 15 minute before my bus is due and I am frantically looking for my phone.

7.45am, 5 minutes before my bus is due and I am hysterical because I cannot find my keys and I look like a crack whore because I'm not wearing any make up and my hair is a tangled teased mess.

Apparently life is beautiful.

That's why I am cleaning up and cleaning out.
A conscientious effort to restore order to my dangerously unordered life.

I need not look like a junkie in the morning! I can be a together individual, prepped and ready for an exciting day. Everything I need, locatable and ready for action!

So on those rushed mornings when my alarm goes off late and am rudely awaken from romantic dream where I am swimming in the nude in a gently bubbling stream with Edward Norton (how awesome is that dream?!?!) the first word from my mouth isn't an expletive.

I can sit down and enjoy a nutritious breakfast instead of shoveling in my mouth an ashy bit of burnt toast followed by a Metamucil chaser that I can only pray will substitute for the dose of fiber I am missing out on.

That's the reason why I am going all Buffy on my wardrobe and slaying the crap out of it.
That's the reason why I am chucking wads of meaningless scrawled notes in the recycling bin.
That's the reason why I am dressed only in my underwear and have strapped cans of polish and pine-o-clean to my body and wearing dusting mits on my hands.

Yup, I'm bringing sexy back.

This is all in a hopes that I can focus less on the where abouts of my so-and-so's and focus more on what I want to do that day, that week... this life.

This is the last, desperate attempt on my behalf to get myself running in top gear. Be efficient and on top of my game.

I want to be great, I want to be amazing and I doubt I can do that when I can't even track down my keys.


Life is too short to hunting for clean knickers on a daily basis.
BRING ON THE REAL WORLD!







1 comment:

  1. FIRST!!!

    I must say, I thought I was mad but in reality how can someone like I compare with this?

    Oh well, now for a critique of what I read. INFORMATIVE and humorous! I laughed, I cried, I shouted at the cat, I wrote prose about it.

    I look forward to more Ms Borghouts.

    ReplyDelete